There was a time when I was crazy about Harry Potter- I’m using the term “crazy” for the want of a more intense word. The craze was so much that I had a Harry Potter Fan’s Club at school. My favourite character in the series was Prof Dumbledore. I was always fascinated by the fact that he knew things. He knew exactly what was about to happen. Well, I knew that it was Rowling’s way of giving us extra information but none the less I was always at awe of him.
I am listing below a few of his quotes that I had underlined while reading the books. These are no doubt some of the best lines out of Rowling’s pen.
* “After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
* “What we need,” said Dumbledore slowly, and his light blue eyes moved from Harry to Hermione, “is more time.”
* “Call him Voldemort, Harry. Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.”
* “The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.”
* “Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. Not a scar, no visible sign … to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It was agony to touch a person marked by something so good.”
* “It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”